Nothing helps a business succeed more than being able to count on regular, repeat clients. And while we are all aware of the part money plays in any company/client relationship, building and maintaining a strong working partnership can and should be based on much more, including trust, communication and performance.
- Be completely transparent when it comes to costs. Nothing will turn a client away faster than receiving a bill full of extra charges and previously undisclosed fees.
- When a client walks in the door, do they see the same friendly faces each time? How about when they call or email concerning their account? Is it always the same person or team handling it or does it seem as though the agency has a revolving door when it comes to employee retention? This is a major red flag in itself. If an agency isn’t able to properly hire their own staff, chances are they aren’t properly interviewing and vetting their temporary employees either.
- Stay in touch with your clients. While it is important to continually recruit new business, don’t become complacent to the point where older, established clients are pushed to the back burner. Even if they are perfectly happy, take the time to send thank-you notes, remember birthdays and occasionally surprise their office with a bag of bagels or a box of donuts. These little things can make a big impact when it comes to keeping a client happy.
- Listen to your clients and learn to anticipate their needs. Often clients will focus only on their immediate concerns, not their overall staffing picture. Train your recruiters to learn everything they can concerning their client’s business culture. The more they know, the better they can be at accessing and determining their staffing needs.
- Your clients depend on you so always keep your commitments. Return phone calls and emails. Be on time for meetings. And when a temporary employee doesn’t work out, don’t deflect. Take responsibility, apologize and correct the problem without placing blame.
Looking for a staffing agency with over 20 years experience right here in the St. Louis area? Connect with Staffing One Services today for more information.