Our Latest News
Your initial phone/email/Skype interview went so well you just knew that coveted in-person interview was sure to happen. But it never materialized and then you didn’t even receive a “thanks but no thanks” so you could find out exactly what occurred. Keeping these interview tips in mind may just turn “????” into “when would you like me to start?”
- The hiring manager is already interested or you wouldn’t be speaking with him or her. Now show why you are the right fit. Be personable and enthusiastic. Studies have shown a “consistent vocal tone” and “fluid body movements” make a positive impact on the decision maker. Be upbeat about your career trajectory and have specific professional employment goals.
- Prepare answers in advance to some of the most common questions asked during the interview process. Answer them in a positive honest manner without hesitation. Let your self confidence and control shine through.
- Follow the interviewer’s lead. You can easily tell the difference between an individual who is all business and one with a friendlier laid-back attitude. This is also a good way to get a feel for the overall workplace environment.
- Have several well thought out questions about the company and the position. This shows you’ve done your homework and are interested in the business where you may potentially be employed. But remember: DO NOT ask about salary, benefits, vacation time, or anything else that makes it look like you are more interested in what the company can do for you, rather than what you bring to the table.
- Make a point of using the interviewer’s name frequently during the conversation. This fosters a sense of connection and makes the other person feel you value them as an individual.
We just celebrated our 20 year anniversary and Staffing One Services is looking forward to continuing our outstanding track record of matching exceptional candidates with just the right company. Whether you are searching for a temporary position, seeking a career change or maybe not quite sure what your employment future holds, please call 314.361.2444 today for assistance.
As with everything else in our world, today’s job market has undergone major changes. In the past the majority of staffing agencies were used by businesses searching for temporary workers. Now employers contract with an agency for everything from specialized personnel to entry-level candidates, seasonal workers to a temporary emergency one-day fill-in.
So instead of wasting valuable time posting employment needs on numerous job boards, wading through thousands of resumes…probably 98 percent of which don’t have the necessary skills, and then spending countless man hours with phone, online and then in-person interviews, here are 3 reasons to partner with Staffing One Services to help your business succeed.
- Staffing agencies have a larger and more comprehensive recruitment reach. This is an important factor when it comes to searching for an employee with a specialized skill set. Potential candidates are pre-screened, references verified and past and current employment history vetted before even being introduced to your Human Resources department. We separate the qualified from the unqualified, saving your company time, money and aggravation.
- Ever hired a person only to very quickly discover they are definitely not the right fit? As seasoned CEO’s know, a successful hire is often much more than just someone with stellar credentials. The right candidate must also be a good fit for the business environment and culture. Screening potential employees using sophisticated assessment tests helps to determine a person’s values, integrity and characteristics.
- Temporary employees are a great assess for covering full-time personnel out on medical leave, on vacation, or when a special project begins to overwhelm. Hiring a temp provides additional resources and gives the remaining permanent workers more flexibility and less workplace stress. Also, since they are not an actual company employee, certain benefits and taxes are the responsibility of the staffing agency.
Staffing One Services has provided staffing excellence for the past 20 years, treating both employers and employees with respect, honesty and integrity. Please connect with us today at 314.361.2444 for more information.
Perhaps you’ve simply outgrown your current position or just completed that graduate degree and are ready to put your newfound knowledge to good use. No matter the reason, depending on how long it’s been since your last job search, many of those old tried and true methods are no longer that effective.
For example, the days of walking in and filling out a written application are pretty much obsolete. Today everything is handled online and often after submitting your resume or CV you never receive a response, leaving you to wonder exactly what happened. Did they feel you weren’t qualified? Was there another candidate better suited for the position? Or was your application simply lost in the Internet black hole?
Instead of blindly filling out application after application, take time to research those companies you are most interested in. Online sleuthing will often lead you to the head of Human Resources or an internal recruiter. Taking this initiative will set you apart from all those other faceless applicants.
Due to an overwhelming number of job applicants many decision makers limit candidates based on personal referrals, so get out there and network. Dress in your best business attire and attend each event as if it were a group interview. Seek out those businesses you’re interested in, don’t hesitate to ask if they are hiring, and for the best contact information.
It’s been said before and is worth repeating: do your homework about the company you want to become a part of. Whether heading to a networking event or preparing for a Skype interview, there is no better way to make a great and lasting first impression than being knowledgeable about their business.
Also, no matter how certain you aced that interview; don’t forget to email a sincere thank-you note. As soon as you’re back at your computer send a brief email to everyone you met. Then the next day snail mail a handwritten personal note as a follow up thank you. Trust us, these little things still make a world of difference when it comes to choosing between two qualified candidates.
Searching for that perfect job can be overwhelming, so don’t go it alone. Call Staffing One Services today at 314.631.2444 for assistance.
- 5615 Pershing Avenue, Suite 24, St. Louis, MO 63112-1757
- Phone: (314) 361.2444
- Fax: (314) 361.1611
- Open M-F, 7am to 4pm
Staffing One Services
Send us a message online -
Copyright 2007 - 2017, Staffing One Services - Specializing in the Hospitality and Service Industry in St. Louis, MO