In today’s competitive corporate environment it is vital to your firm’s bottom line to hire right the first time. Selecting the wrong employee can easily cost your business thousands of dollars along with hundreds of man-hours wasted. While contracting with the right staffing agency may seem like a huge undertaking, no matter the size or discipline of your firm, partnering with an agency that understands your business can easily save you time, money and aggravation in the long run.
- Begin by selecting an industry specific firm. While it may be tempting to go with a “one size fits all” agency, top talent candidates generally are found at firms who specialize. These agencies have specific industry knowledge, broader business networks and a clearer picture of what the hiring firm requires in an employee.
- Most agencies offer different levels of service. Don’t hesitate to ask for assistance in determining your specific hiring needs. Will the workers be strictly temporary or will your firm be better served with long-term permanent employees?
- Exercise due diligence when it comes to employee compensation and fees. Does the agency offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package in order to attract top-notch talent? Don’t hesitate to ask questions concerning placement fees and how they are calculated.
- How are the potential candidates vetted? Depending on the position what skills tests are administered? Are background checks required and all resume or CV references contacted? Does the agency drug test and what is the procedure for future testing of temporary employees?
- One sign of an outstanding staffing agency is the quality of their personnel. Ask if your account will be assigned to an individual or to a recruiting team and check if there is an after-hours and weekend support system in place.
You work hard to build your business. Don’t settle for just any staffing agency. Staffing One Services is committed to helping your company find and retain some of the brightest talent in and around the greater St. Louis area. For more information please call 314.361.2444 or utilize our convenient online message service.