Your initial phone/email/Skype interview went so well you just knew that coveted in-person interview was sure to happen. But it never materialized and then you didn’t even receive a “thanks but no thanks” so you could find out exactly what occurred. Keeping these interview tips in mind may just turn “????” into “when would you like me to start?”
- The hiring manager is already interested or you wouldn’t be speaking with him or her. Now show why you are the right fit. Be personable and enthusiastic. Studies have shown a “consistent vocal tone” and “fluid body movements” make a positive impact on the decision maker. Be upbeat about your career trajectory and have specific professional employment goals.
- Prepare answers in advance to some of the most common questions asked during the interview process. Answer them in a positive honest manner without hesitation. Let your self confidence and control shine through.
- Follow the interviewer’s lead. You can easily tell the difference between an individual who is all business and one with a friendlier laid-back attitude. This is also a good way to get a feel for the overall workplace environment.
- Have several well thought out questions about the company and the position. This shows you’ve done your homework and are interested in the business where you may potentially be employed. But remember: DO NOT ask about salary, benefits, vacation time, or anything else that makes it look like you are more interested in what the company can do for you, rather than what you bring to the table.
- Make a point of using the interviewer’s name frequently during the conversation. This fosters a sense of connection and makes the other person feel you value them as an individual.
We just celebrated our 20 year anniversary and Staffing One Services is looking forward to continuing our outstanding track record of matching exceptional candidates with just the right company. Whether you are searching for a temporary position, seeking a career change or maybe not quite sure what your employment future holds, please call 314.361.2444 today for assistance.